Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Welcome Back! Spring Turtle Club

Meet the Members:
Mrs. Hwande: I have been a member of the Captain Box Turtle Club since fall 2016. I teach science to kindergarten - 5th grade students.

Zoe: I have been a member of box turtle club since fall 2016. I am a 4th grader at Captain Elementary School. I love tracking turtles, and am excited to try to find a new turtle to track and name. I am doing box turtle club again because last year was very fun, and I like finding and tracking box turtles. I also love hearing stories about hibernations and movements of the turtles using Movebank.

Bridget: I have been in box turtle club since fall 2016. I am in the 4th grade at Captain Elementary. We have fun tracking box turtles in Forest Park!

Jack: I have been a member of box turtle club since fall of 2016. I joined because it is an enjoyable way to connect with our dear Mother Earth. Peace!

Sophia: I have been in box turtle club since 2016. I came back because I love box turtles and tracking them. I am a 4th grader at Captain Elementary.

Alyssa: I am a 4th grader and love tracking turtles! I have been in box turtle club since it was established.

I'ron: I am in 4th grade and I like turtles!

Alena: I am in 4th grade and have been in turtle club since 2016. I love to draw kawaii turtles. I think turtles are adorable. I love it!

Casey: Why did I want to do this club? Because I like tracking turtles!

Anisa: I joined Box Turtle Club because I wanted to try it out!

Our goals:
Track Turtles in Forest Park and include the GPS coordinates in Movebank
Design a Captain Box Turtle Club shirt
Find new turtle(s) in Forest Park (which we would get to name!)
Share info with Galapagos partners and Principia School partners
"Meet the Turtles" blog entries
World Turtle Day

No comments:

Post a Comment